Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Enlarged text height in external drawing from dwg import

Takis
Expert
Hi, when I try to import a 1:100 scaled dwg file as an external drawing the imported text and labels are anlarged by double (depending of the autocad file scale the enlargement may be bigger).

To achieve the same text height I have to either change my scale in Archicad (for example from scale 1:100 to scale 1:50), or make the text in Autocad smaller (i.e half of its original size).

If a dwg file which its scale is 1:250 then in the imported external drawing into Archicad the text height will be 4 time larger, so in this case to see the text properly in Archicad the view scale should be 4 times bigger i.e 1:62,5.

This enlargement does not happen when importing the dwg file as an Xref.

I have checked the dwg translator in Archicad but I did not find any parameter in there which refers to text height.

Any ideas please?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello! I have the same problem. I imported DWG drawing as "place external drawing" and the text height went out of scale. In drawing option there is not possible to change the external drawing scale (or text size). Any ideas?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Go to the DXF-DWG Translation Setup Dialog, and in the Settings panel, under Drawing Units, experiment with the "Set Scale Factor for Importing Texts and Arrowheads" options. Maybe, set the first option so you can set the Scale Factor while placing the DWG file. Hopefully you can find the correct setting for your Text Sizes.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
DGSketcher
Legend
When importing a DWG file ensure the current view scale matches, so a 1:100 scale DWG drawing will import text at the original size if the view is also set at 1:100. Thereafter the font will scale as in AC according to the view scale setting e.g. at 1:50 the imported text will be half the size and at 1:200 the text will double in size.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)