BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Error Exporting model to DWG format

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are using Constructor and are trying to export a model file to DWG / DSF format so we can open it in another program (Navisworks). The process shuts down Constructor and the error getting displayed is "Not Enough Memory". I am trying to export the whole model from the 3D window. Has anyone seen this error before. I'd appreciate any pointers on how we can resolve it.

I know there is a utility which allows ArchiCAD 9 model files into a .NWC or Navisworks compatible format. Is there something out there for Constructor? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Atul Khanzode
DPR Construction, Inc.
atulk@dprinc.com
2 REPLIES 2
Djordje
Ace
atulk wrote:
We are using Constructor and are trying to export a model file to DWG / DSF format so we can open it in another program (Navisworks). The process shuts down Constructor and the error getting displayed is "Not Enough Memory". I am trying to export the whole model from the 3D window. Has anyone seen this error before. I'd appreciate any pointers on how we can resolve it.
If the export engine runs out of memory, then - depending on how detailed your model is - it might be that you are actually out of memory. Check your computer specs.

Also, in Constructor, you do have the Check model complexity. Stuff like round door knobs have gazillions of polygons, that are quite not necessary.

It is a very long time since I exported a NavisWorks model, so you will have to wait for an expert advice ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Constructor (nwc exporter, same as Archicad) will be supported in the next navisworks release, v5, due (I am told) by end of this month/beginning April.
Learn and get certified!