Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.
SOLVED!

Error importing BIMproject snapshot file v21 in BIMcloud Basic

jhp1
Participant
Hi,

When I try to import a BIMproject snapshot file on BIMcloud Basic, I'm getting the following error:

"A v22 project cannot be imported to BIMcloud Basic v21".

The BIMproject snapshot file was taken on BIMserver 21.0.0.5010. My BIMcloud basic is configured for version 21.

Is this a known failure? Or is someone else facing this problem?

Marc
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Istvan Moharos
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi Marc,
It seems exporting .archive files results this error, I have forwarded this to our development. As only the .archive files are affected, there is a workaround:
  • Modify the .archive extension to .BIMProject21
  • Try the import process again
Best regards,
István Moharos

Manager, Technical Services

GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Istvan Moharos
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi Marc,
It seems exporting .archive files results this error, I have forwarded this to our development. As only the .archive files are affected, there is a workaround:
  • Modify the .archive extension to .BIMProject21
  • Try the import process again
Best regards,
István Moharos

GRAPHISOFT
jhp1
Participant
Hi Istvan,

thank you for your reply.
In fact, as soon as I change the extension, the project is imported to the BIMcloud. There is no error anymore.
But the user data and roles which should be included in the snapshots don't show up after import. Do I have to look out for something special?

Best regards,

Marc
Istvan Moharos
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Marc,
Users and roles must be imported separately. The .archive file (or .BIMProject) contains only the project related database files. So if you have e.g. a BIM Server 21, then open its browser based Manager interface, navigate to the Users/Roles page and export these, then import them into your BIMcloud Basic. Also if you used custom access entries for a project, you must set these manually.
Best regards,
Istvan
István Moharos

GRAPHISOFT
jhp1
Participant
Thank you for these details. They have been very useful.

Marc