BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Error saving as IFC

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am getting an error when I try to save as IFC. Curiously, after the error message it proceeds to the settings/options dialog, and when I click "OK" in the dialog I get another error massage and the process fails.

This is happening in Snow Leopard on My MacBook Pro 2.8 with 4GB RAM. Trying to save as IFC 3x3 from AC12.

I wanted to attach a screen shiot but that doesn't seem to be working either right now. The error messages say:

"Error: EDM Error - code:0 - <Fatal Internal Error>" (twice)

and then:

"Error: EDM Error - code:11057 - <Database not open.>"

BTW: The button says "Noticed" which is a nice touch. It always bugs me to click on "OK" when it is not OK.

Any ideas?

I haven't tried reinstalling yet, nor have I tried it in Windows. I'll try those this evening (I'm at the BIM Forum all day today).
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just started experiencing the exact same behavior, exact messages etc.. except it occurs when opening the curtain wall settings and make adjustments to the various elements. After clicking through the the dialouge boxes the changes take effect without further issues. Very annoying though.

I did just migrate to a new computer using the automated file transfer application when setting up the new rig. Should I try a clean install of ArchiCAD on the new machine?

Dom
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try removing your temporary database folder:
<user folder>/Library/Application Support/Graphisoft/EDMDB/db2

HTH
Anonymous
Not applicable
No luck, unfortunately.

Any other suggestions?
Anonymous
Not applicable
- Turn on the option "Save EDM database dialog before Save and Load" in the IFC Options.
- Save the IFC file and set the new path in the "Writing the STEP file" dialog's "DB Location:" to a shorter path.

HTHT (hope this helps then)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I went ahead and re-installed before I saw your post. All fixed now. Thanks much for the advice.
Stumbled on this problem to.

Seems in AC 16 there isn't anymore this "Save EDM database dialog before Save and Load" on IFC Options, but because we use network home folders the path for EDMDB folder was too long.

Redefined to new folder on local HD and now it works
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
Learn and get certified!