Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Estimate in AC?

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I create a composite wall of concrete and gyp. bd. with steel channels, does AC read that information to make an estimate? It is dependable? It is truth that Primavera Expedition can take out that kind of information?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
The answer to all your questions is yes and no.

It can all be done (it's been a long time since I've used or even seen Primavera so I may be jumping to a conclusion here), but it will require some (or a lot of) effort to get it set up and working accurately and efficiently. If it is very important to you then it is definitely worth investigating. If it would only be occasionally convenient then it's probably not. Anywhere in between is a judgment call.
Karl Ottenstein
YA.H.VE wrote:
If I create a composite wall of concrete and gyp. bd. with steel channels, does AC read that information to make an estimate? It is dependable?
The short answer is "no". AC pays no attention whatsoever to the fills that you assign to skins in a composite. The only way that this information is used to create material takeoffs (and from there, estimates), is by your (the user) coding a property script that does the work.

Once you have written the appropriate script ... and it will only be as dependable as the correctness of your coding ... THEN AC can be said to read the information.

So, while Matthew suggests "yes and no" ... I suggest "no and yes". 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
YA.H.VE wrote:
So, while Matthew suggests "yes and no" ... I suggest "no and yes". 😉

Karl
I guess I'm just an optimist at heart. Of course I have always thought the glass is half full when I'm filling it and half empty when I' drinking it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, Thank you so much guys. I'll keep searching