Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Excel imported file gets cut off

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I am trying to import an excel file into Plotmaker but the field is cut off at the end. I was wondering if anyone knows why this occurs and if there's any way to resolve this problem other than having multiple short excel files.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
HI,

Check out this link http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/archiguide/olefromword.html

It should help you out.
Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks a lot!
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Pleasure.
Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
You don't say which version of Excel you are using, but I had problems with Excel 2003 cutting areas off, and went back to Excel 97 which cleared things up.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Djordje
Ace
mymyly wrote:
Hello, I am trying to import an excel file into Plotmaker but the field is cut off at the end.
In Excel, make a blank rows and columns both sides and top and bottom of the actual cells you want to place in PlotMaker. Adjust their width and height. Select the wanted data, plus the extra rows and columns "framing" your data. Copy. Paste in PlotMaker, as OLE object.

Works every time.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the good tip Djordje. It works with a regular size table but when I tested it out with a longer table it still gets cut off at a certain point and the width of the cells were shrunken. Does it only happen to people using Excell 2003?