Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Excel round trip

It needs a lot of work. It works well, but at the lowest possible level.

Everything is exported as text, including numbers. True/false properties are exported as 1's and 0's, and those too are text. URLs are not links (though links work in a saved PDF). Most concerning, option sets are not exported, so the Excel user can't pick from the list. And if that user enters a value not on the list, the entire column must be excluded from re-import to Archicad.

In Excel, you can't tell properties from parameters. The Excel user can edit parameter values, but they will be skipped on re-import, and the user doesn't know that.

You can convert the text numbers to number format, and Archicad does not object to this for re-import. It will also accept formula results in number fields, that's good.

I haven't explored adding the option sets to Excel as lists, or T/F fields as checkboxes.

As it stands the Excel user needs to be well-informed and careful in order to hand back useful data. I hope this feature continues to develop – everything in properties and schedules can be done in Excel, but the connection needs to be stronger.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
1 REPLY 1
jp
Contributor
Agreed. Fantastic feature, but needs a little help. I just set up a bunch of properties with "option sets". I'll have to change them all to "general" to use this feature.
Many Thanks, JP

John Peterson, AIA
Dalgliesh Gilpin Paxton Architects
Archicad 7-21 US
PC and iMac