BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Excluding Module Doors & Windows From Schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to exclude module doors & windows from the interactive schedule?

I am documenting two houses that are next to each other, so I bring the adjoining house into each project as a module, so when I generate the 3D window I can see both houses. The problem is that the door and window IDs of the hotlinked module appear in the interactive schedule. I need to be able to exclude these for the door & window schedule and use only the active projects elements.
15 REPLIES 15
It sounds to me as if that schedule should be generated in the 'house module' pln and brought as an external drawing into whatever layout you are using.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You guys are so smart. i learn a new workaround every day.
If you could filter the criteria by "master" layer, that would solve it. Unfortunately it didn't work for me. But, you could put an extension on the wall layer name in the moduled/hotlinked file and use that in your filtering.
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Anonymous
Not applicable
Finally found the solution. In each door & window object's 'Parameters for listing', assign a number (could be project or lot number) to the user defined parameter.

In the schedule add the additional parameter to the criteria and filter the user defined parameter.

The schedule will now only display doors & windows that have the user defined parameter for the required project file.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you add Hotlink Source as a criteria, you can choose to exclude by the original hotlink without removing the module.
Barry Kelly
formfireglass wrote:
If you add Hotlink Source as a criteria, you can choose to exclude by the original hotlink without removing the module.
Hotlinks also now have a Hotlink Master ID that could be used to filter.

The original post is around 14 years old - there weren't so many options back then.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!