BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Export IFC from AC17...lots of missing geometry!?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,

Opened an AC16 project in AC17 and exported the project as IFC. Got prompted that some elements could not be exported due to missing geometry. See File > Info > Session Report...

The session report displays loads of text strings Qwsdj3Ftidk45AFHEIfnjk38 etc etc....

Is it something I should bother about?

/Mats

16-17 1.jpg
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
<BUMP>

Same issue - anyone have any recommendations?
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.
As I recall, IFC export had some issues in v17 when objects had a 3D script that generated geometry but then it didn't show in the 3D window, for instance, windows using the "use empty hole" option, or when two walls -with different BM priorities- overlapped and caused one of the walls not to show (construct in 3D, in other words) the geometry for the core.

You would need to use the session report window to check which items are causing this. It will show the GUID of each object, which you can use to search for in the IFC manager; but what I mentioned is probably the culprit.

Although you will need to know which objects are causing this, once you know, it will be easier to filter out those objects from the export.

There's another thread highlighting how to use the IFC manager for what I said.

Hope that helps a bit.
Learn and get certified!