Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Export IFC with local origin (native survey point)

PVBergkrantz
Expert

Hello, we have recently started using AC25 and the new native survey point feature, which is working very well for export to DWG, but we are having trouble with the IFC export. No matter the settings in the IFC translator under Geometry Conversion it seems to use the survey points location. We would like to be able to chose wether to use the survey point or local origin, same as we can with DWG.

Is there perhaphs a new settings hidden somewhere, or should I approach this in another way?

| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |

13 REPLIES 13
Solution
Zsolt Oncsak
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear All,

@rohanbailey  said it right, the referred translator option only changes the IfcSite location parameters and not the actual position of the model. Currently, the Native Survey Point in AC25 works like it used to; the SP will be used as the global origin of the IFC model. So for now, you need to place the Survey Point back to Project Origin location if you want to export a model with PO as Global Origin. 

Good news though: With the Update 2 (build > 4000) coming for AC25 this Automn, this issue will be addressed. The option within the Geometry Conversion in the IFC Translator Settings will be enhanced, so we will be able to choose if we want to ignore the SP for the export.

Until then, we thank you for your patience and understanding, and I hope you'll be happy with the new solution.

Best regards,

Zsolt Oncsak

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT | H-1031 Budapest, Záhony utca 7. | Graphisoft Park ‘G’ | +3614373000 | zsoncsak@graphisoft.com

Thank you for information and upcoming AC25 update 4000 that will help us exporting *.ifc's 🙂

GRAPHISOFT BIM Manager Training Week attendee
ArchiCAD v9 - v26 INT / NOR (5002)
cpu i5-12600K @ 5.0Ghz, ram 32GB, gpu 1060 GTX
ssd NVMe, Windows 11
ArchiCAD Discord channel: https://discord.gg/QdWxSJ33

That's very good to know. Thank you for the communication.

Solution
PVBergkrantz
Expert

In the latest version of Archicad 25 (4013) there are more options in the IFC translator settings, which now allows this to be adjusted and it seems to work well, so I consider this solved.