BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Export Renovation Filter Options - ArchiCad 15 & 16

Francois_MCD
Expert
I have been looking around on the forum for a solution for this one.

ArchiCad 15 & 16 can supposedly:
"Export Configured Filter Options to Another Computer
From the Renovation Filter Options dialog box, export your preferred settings as an XML file. You can then import this file to be able to use your Renovation Filter Options on another machine."

I have never gotten that export button to do anything!
It just blinks when I click it and sits there. In both Versions both up to date with the latest. Tried all and any Environment Profile, tried searching for the cache XML files perhaps on my computer. Nothing . . .

Any idea why or how to get it to work.
I am busy with template development as well as supporting other users in my region and need to get this to work.

I will appreciate any help.
Regards

> ASUS 15.6" Laptop | Intel Corei7 2630QM 2.0Ghz CPU | 12GB RAM | NVIDIA GForce GT540M 1024MB DDR3 Graphics | Windows 7Pro 64bit
Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course
10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It is strange.
In my AC16 it works just fine.
At Export it offers the Save As Dialog where you can give the name of the XML file to save it to.
With Import it let you specify the XML file to import the settings from.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
No problem here (Mac) either.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Francois_MCD
Expert
I resorted to testing the export action on a standard ArchiCad template and in both AC15 & 16 it is working.
It seems that there is something in this office template that locks this action.
The import works fine but I need to get this set into a new template.
For now it looks like manually duplicating the settings will be the shortest route. I will have to check if the file allows me then to export the profiles.
Thanks to both of you Laszlo and Karl.
Regards
Francois Swanepoel
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course
Francois_MCD
Expert
Hi Laszlo & Karl
I managed to find the time to do this test with Exporting Renovation Filter Options in ArchiCad 16.
I did the following:

1. I took screen shots of the settings in my project file where I have it set up the way I want it and saved them all in a PDF document.
2. Cleared my ArchiCad preferences on my machine and reboot.
3. Started a new project in ArchiCad 16 with the standard AC16 Template.
4. Then I changed the settings of the existing set of Renovation Filter profiles to match my settings.
5. Saved the file.
6. Went back to Renovation Filter Options and attempted to Export the Profiles.

I get the same problem: The export button does nothing. No "save to" screen pops up. Nothing.
The Import button works fine and effectively imports new profiles from saved files.

I did the complete sequence again but this time starting new profiles by Duplicating the default existing profiles and editing these new profiles.
Same end result.

It seems that the exporting gets messed up when you customize the profiles - at least on my side.
Any Ideas?

Regards
Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Karl Ottenstein
Any possibility that it is related to file access permissions? Did you both install AC 16 and run it from the same Administrator level account?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Francois_MCD
Expert
Yes Karl
I am the only person using this machine from the only (and Administrator) account. I am sure that permissions are not getting in the way here. This is also a .PLN Solo project and not Teamwork which could have additional permission blocks.
Getting the export function will help speed up the backing up and restoring settings and also transferring settings to older files that will be taken to the latest version. For now I will have to manually configure the settings every time until we find a solution.
Regards
Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Francois_MCD
Expert
Joke
I am going to send Graphisoft your post and the PDF file you linked
@nidasam's post looks is very spammy or he is just totally new to this forum and the world of Graphisoft.
Very funny actually: Graphisoft already have my post and PDF. This forum is in fact offered and moderated bt Graphisoft.
Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Barry Kelly
The link in nidasam's signature had nothing to do with Archicad.
I couldn't delete the link so I deleted the whole post.
If nidasam posts again without a truly useful reply and with another link in his signature then he will be banned.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
No I banned him anyway.
Same IP address as another spam post.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10