BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Export Translator Settings

I want to share a DWG export translator with a colleague. Can't figure out how to export the settings. Note this is not the IFC translator.
Thomas Allan Palmer
Architect AIBC MRAIC
ArchiCAD 24 MacBook Pro
Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6
3 REPLIES 3
The translators are stored in the MacOS system Library. You have to find the translator and then direct your colleague to store it in the same location on their workstation.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Barry Kelly
In the DXF-DWG translator setup dialogue, when you select a translator you will see its location.
As far as I know it could be in a shared network location, but I have mine in my office library.

Once you know the location you can send that file to your colleague and they can place it somewher they can access it.
They will need to use the 'Browse' button to add that translator to their list.

I am not sure if you place the XML file in the default user file location (see the default translators 01..., 02..., 03... 04... for location), whether they will load automatically when you next start Archicad, or whether you still need to browse for the file to ad it to the list.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry / Aaron,

Thanks for your replies.

Just thought there was an export option like saving out lists, schedules, etc.

Cheers
Thomas Allan Palmer
Architect AIBC MRAIC
ArchiCAD 24 MacBook Pro
Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6
Learn and get certified!