Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Export U-Value on IFC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone

after trying for hours and searching google and the Archicad support site, may someone please help me on how I can include U-Values on architectural components when exporting on IFC 2x3?

Many thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
When you says "architectural component", what do you mean by it?

Do you mean a skin of a Composite Wall/Slab/Roof? Or a component of a Complex Profile? Or do you mean a building element, like a Window?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and thanks for your answer. I think I mean a building element, in detail:

Windows, Doors, Walls, Roofs, Ceilings, and Floors all must have a U-value - which btw can be displayed within ArchiCAD when using the "Energy Model Review" (please refer to picture below).

Thank you for your kind support

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
So, yes, those U-values are generated in Energy Evaluation based on the skins of the Composite Structures.
However, I do not think there is a way of transferring those U-values into an element parameter.
So I think the closest you can do is create an IFC Property for elements in the IFC Scheme Setup Dialog.
Then you will have to fill out the values for these IFC Properties for each element. Then you will be able to export these data for elements when saving as IFC.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27