Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Export mesh as IFC

Yvonne
Advocate

Any ideas why I can't export a mesh to IFC?  I have tried both having the 'site geometry' ticked in the classification and not having the classification ticked. 

The error message I get is "Element export failed". 

AC26 | Win11 | 64 bit | 32Gb RAM | Intel i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Does your Mesh geometry display correctly in 3D? I wonder if there is some geometry problem with the Mesh that causes the IFC export failure.

You could try to copy the Mesh to the Clipboard (CTRL+C), then delete it from the project, then paste the content of the Clipboard back into Archicad (CTRL+V). Usually, when Archicad pastes an element, it tries to correct its data structure if it finds there is something wrong with it. After doing this, try the IFC export again, see if that helps.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brian Spears
Booster

Perhaps your Building Material is unchecked and doesn't participate in collision detection and is therefore not exported to IFC.

Brian Spears
BIM Manager, Steele Group Architects
Winston-Salem, NC
AC26 USA on macOS
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Does your Mesh geometry display correctly in 3D? I wonder if there is some geometry problem with the Mesh that causes the IFC export failure.

You could try to copy the Mesh to the Clipboard (CTRL+C), then delete it from the project, then paste the content of the Clipboard back into Archicad (CTRL+V). Usually, when Archicad pastes an element, it tries to correct its data structure if it finds there is something wrong with it. After doing this, try the IFC export again, see if that helps.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

I think that actually fixed! Thanks! 

AC26 | Win11 | 64 bit | 32Gb RAM | Intel i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz