Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Export problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,
I have some problems about archicad 23 translators. Especially when I export the sections to dwg, the curtain walls dissapear. I tried many translator options, also tried archicad 22 translators on 23 but the problem remains the same. When I save the project to archicad 22 and use the same translators, there are no problems.
Also when I try to save a pdf file, some of the columns dissapear too
I hope the new update will solve my problems otherwise I'm going to continue using the older version
Ceren
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Ceren,

Thank you for sharing the issue and I am sorry about the experience!

With this problem, unfortunately, we haven't come across such a report yet. I believe this would need a closer look by our Technical Support team, but in order to help with the investigation, we will need a .PLA project file from you, where the error is present. It is highly preferred to provide a .PLA file so that the same Library Parts are within the file when we open it.

This way we are certain that the settings and other factors are the same for us as they are for you.

Additionally, could you please provide the translator that you are using to export the section to DWG? If you go to File > Interoperability > DXF-DWG > DXF-DWG Translation Setup, you can see where the translation is stored.

If you are willing to share the file with us, please reply either here within the post directly or through a PM and I will provide you a secure GRAPHISOFT link where you can upload your file to.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Ceren,

With this problem, unfortunately, we haven't come across such a report yet. I believe this would need a closer look by our Technical Support team, but in order to help with the investigation, we will need a .PLA project file from you, where the error is present. It is highly preferred to provide a .PLA file so that the same Library Parts are within the file when we open it.

This way we are certain that the settings and other factors are the same for us as they are for you.

Additionally, could you please provide the translator that you are using to export the section to DWG? If you go to File > Interoperability > DXF-DWG > DXF-DWG Translation Setup, you can see where the translation is stored.

If you are willing to share the file with us, please reply either here within the post directly or through a PM and I will provide you a secure GRAPHISOFT link where you can upload your file to.

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Minh,
I could try to upload the pla file if you send me the Graphisoft link. But I have a really slow internet connection at the office right now, I hope it won't fail.
Thank you so much for your concern.
Best regards,
Ceren
mnguyen wrote:
Hi Ceren,

Best regards,
Minh
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Ceren,

The link has been sent to you via Private Message. Please check the inbox to get the link in which you can drop the files for further investigation.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

For those who may experience the same issue, I would like to inform that this defect has been recorded in our database, please refer to it as ARCH-7182. This affects Columns, Beams, Stairs, Railings and Curtain Walls when you use Marquee tool to limit the plan for DWG publishing. This defect is scheduled to be released in the second update of ARCHICAD 23.

Thank you for your concern, and I am sorry about the experience!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT