Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Export "empty" propertysets from AC 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi... we are working on a workflow, where the different engineers can enrich our archicad modell via IFC import/exports.. per now we have a couple of problems.

1.st is the possibility to merge only ifc parameters and not geometry from an ifc file back to AC (with a connection to the GUId ? )

2. is a way to easily export the Pset's i want the engineers to use in an IFC export...

I have made XML Scheme files for easy import into Archciad projects they will be used, but since they don't have any values, i will have to go into every scheme instance and attach a value afterwards for the paramter to join the ifc export...

Is there any way to add a default text value in the ifc scheme xml file (e.g. "-" ) so that on import they will automaticly be "Active" ?

if not is there an easy way in ifc export options, to make a filter to also export the empty paramters i want to have?
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
1. There is a clip that shows what update options you have when you saved a file as IFC, the IFC was modified and you want to incorporate those modifications into your ARCHICAD file:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUZDCkkf-rQ

2. You can select any element (or multiple elements at the same time), go to their Settings Dialog and in the Tags and Categories panel click the Manager IFC Properties button. Then you can select all the IFC Properties that you want exported with that element. This you can do for all elements/element types.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27