BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Export to DWG - warning of viewport not updated

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Everyone! I am experiencing some issues with exporting drawings to DWG, and I'd appreciate any kind of help.

I often have to update the viewports right before I publish the drawings to DWGs in order to get the line color to match with our export template. This means I wasn't able to export in batch with the publisher, because after a while (maybe 5 minutes), Archicad would deem the viewports "outdated" and gives a warning "Following Drawing's content in the ModelSpace may differ from its source View: ...") even though nothing has been modified in the model.
(I use manual update in all of my viewports)
Since I do not have a lot of drawings, I'd do a workaround and update them in small batches (10 drawings at a time) and repeat until I finish exporting all the drawings. It's acceptable since it works and it's manageable.

However, recently, I couldn't even get one drawing exported to DWG without the warning ("Follow Drawing's content..."), even if I did indeed update the viewports SECONDS before I click the publish button. When I see this warning, it means the lines aren't exported in the color we defined in the template. Translator and template was not modified before this issue occur.

Has anyone experienced this before? Thank you very much!
18 REPLIES 18
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for sharing the issue and I am very sorry about the experience!

Unfortunately, we haven't received any similar reports to this one. I'm wondering if you could share with us your project file in PLA format for further investigation? I would like to get the translator for exporting the DWG as well: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/65980/
Please let me know if you need a secure place to upload the files.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

CaticonC
Contributor
The same happens to me, difference is, if i don't update the viewports the linetypes lose their 'scale'. And sometimes i also update all drawings, publish to dwg and still appear the same warning, seconds after i already updated. I work on archicad 24. I wish there's a solution, since it didn't happen to me on AC22, and it's a drag to update everything everytime i have to export to dwg.
ArchiCAD 24
Windows 10
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Radeon RX 570 Series 4 GB - 32 gb RAM
Eduardo Rolon
I see this all the times in my projects.
Update all views, Publish to PDF and then immediately Publish to DWG and I always get the warning.
I just gave up on reporting it since I have been seeing it for at least the last 5 years
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

Thank you very much for your reports and I am very sorry about the experience!

As I have mentioned previously, we haven't received any similar reports from our first-tier supports. It would be great if we can have the file for in-house reproduction. Could you please let me know if it's possible?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regard,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

CaticonC
Contributor
im interested. Im now noticing the problem persists with sections/interior elevations views, it almost ALWAYS asks me to check the drawing status or update. I'm working with bimcloud basic.
ArchiCAD 24
Windows 10
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
CaticonC wrote:
im interested. Im now noticing the problem persists with sections/interior elevations views, it almost ALWAYS asks me to check the drawing status or update. I'm working with bimcloud basic.
Hello,

Thank you very much for your information!

I'm wondering if the problem specifically happens only in Teamwork environment, or it can also happen when you save the file as Solo and open/work locally?

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

CaticonC
Contributor
Just tested it. I made a pln copy of the file, and when trying to publish after updating all drawings, it keeps showing the warning that drawings need checking (mainly sections/interior elevations). I usually have to check and update twice to make it work.
In the case of external drawings linked from another bimcloud file, no matter how many times i update the drawing, it always shows me the warning, forcing me to export anyways and losing linetypes scales, etc.
ArchiCAD 24
Windows 10
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for the answer!

Would it be possible for you to share with me the PLN file and the DWG translator for further testing? The translator's location can be found in the DXF-DWG Translation Setup dialog.
Let me know if you need a secure place to upload the file to us also!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

CaticonC
Contributor
yes, i would prefer a safe way to send the file.
ArchiCAD 24
Windows 10
Learn and get certified!