BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Export to Revit - families and types

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I'm trying to figuring out what parameters in our archicad objects that are linked to the 'Family' and 'Type' in Revit.

I'm using the Improved Archicad import add-in 2015.

When I'm exporting an object from archicad with the IFC parameter ObjectType(Attribute), an IfcLabel, ticked, it assigns this to be both Family name AND Type name. If I have this unticked while exporting, the Family name will be the parameter Name(Attribute), another IfcLabel, and like wise be assigned to Type name.

Now if I export 3 identical objects, let say doors, they will be gathered in the same family under the same Type name. I verify this by right clicking on the Type and select all.

How can I separate the Family and Type? It seems that they are translated by a single parameter in Archicad hence always having the same name.
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I would recommend you read this article:

http://bimblog.bondbryan.com/developing-a-standardised-and-automated-approach-to-ifc-data-fields/

I am not myself fully familiar with how creating IFC Door Styles (or Types) using mapping in ARCHICAD will get the result you are after, but it is worth a try. You may be able to make it work and get the desired output in IFC.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!