Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Exporting Archicad to rhino perspective view

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm working in archicad but i want a line drawing of my model and the archicad sketch render doesn't get the same look as a cad drawing so i want to import my arhciad model into rhino and create a make 2d of my perspective which i can them import into illustrator or autocad, however, i'm having a little difficulty.

I'm not great at both programs but i know enough of both to work in them. From some search over the net, i tried to save my archicad file as a 3DS file and open it in rhino. The file opened and i can see the above, front and side views but i can't view the actual one that i want which is the perspective view so i can create a make 2d from it.

Is this normal or is there a way i can make it work? Is it that you just can't view the perspective from an archicad model?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thankyou
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
For a clean, 3D perspective line drawings, generate a 3D Document. Look it up in the Help:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/?s=3d+document

This is vector linework; a sketch render is a render... no render (a pixel image) contains vector linework which is what you want for illustrator or autocad. 😉

You can save the 3D Document (3DD) as a PDF and open it in Illustrator as linework... or you can export as DWG, etc for the programs you mentione.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Eduardo Rolon
Instead of exporting to Rhino you could try the following:

1. Open 3D view that you want
2. Right Click and select "New 3D Document from 3D"
3. In the new created document do a right click and select the 3D Doc settings that you need to change, specifically the Materials.
4. You can then either Draw lines on top of the existing model. Use copy paste to the side of the original and edit the lines or Save as PDF and edit in Illustrator to taste.

----
Look in the help file for 3D Model settings.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Crossing posts…
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh Wow. Thank you so much guys, i didn't even know this existed. Like i said know the program enough to use it basically but i don't know it well enough to be proficient in it.
Thanks again