Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Exporting DWG Problem 2

DaveOlufs
Participant
I sent DWGs to my engineers for their work. When I got PDFs back from them for review, their PDFs were 18+MB per drawings x 18 drawings.

Now that I've looked, my original DWG files were 13MB each... yet my PDFs were only ≤2MBs. What am I doing wrong in sending DWGs? DWG settings are AC default settings 01 For Further Editing.

My original AC file is 127MBs
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dave,

I have found that if you have fill and text backgrounds set to the window background colour (-1) they are written out a AutoCAD wipeouts which are a raster element and result in large files.

Wipeouts also make for large PDF files that look OK on screen (although taking a long time to regenerate) but print very poorly as the wipeouts will print at black on pdf printers

I use a model view option to override the background fill to transparent when exporting dwgs

Hope this may help
Scott
Mjules
Mentor
Hi,

Any help on DXF-DWG Translation Setup ! I spent all of the morning yesterday to try to export in DWG format, there were still problems at the level of the arcs and circles which have been exported to autocad... However I used to do it properly in previous versions... Please advise !
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11