Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Exporting IFC origin from both Project Origin and Survey Point.

rohanbailey
Contributor
We would like to share an IFC with our colleagues who use Revit. Our model is set orthogonal to the project origin, has project north set straight up and contains a Survey Point Object set to True North, a couple m above origin and about 10m away.
When we export using the Survey Point as the IFC Site Origin the file comes into Revit oriented to True North and at the right elevation. When we export using Project Origin as the IFC Site Origin AC ignores the Project Origin and uses the Survey Point instead. The IFC comes into Revit in the same manner as before even though we want it to come in orthogonal and oriented Project North.
Question: How can we export two IFC models with different origins without deleting the survey point to get the model to export with Project Origin?
ARCHICADUser and Technology Manager
Various macOS versions and hardware
4 REPLIES 4
PVBergkrantz
Expert

I am also having this issue, it seems that with the new native survey point the IFC translator completely ignores the setting to use either survey or project origin and instead always uses the survey point origin. When exporting to dwg the option to use either survey point or project origin works as expected but this feature seems to be broken when exporting to IFC, unless we're missing the setting for the new native point.

| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |

Erwin Edel
Rockstar

What happens if you hide the survey point layer before exporting?

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

We are using the native survey point introduced in Archicad 25, so it does not have a layer, but using the hide survey point function does not make a difference.

| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |

Ah, ok. We do not have AC25 yet in Netherlands, I'm only familiar with the object you place in the floorplan.

I was hoping that if you would hide it, it would be ignored. Meaning you would just need to hide the layer in a separate layer combo for exporting.

Another idea: what if you hotlink the model to a new PLN without the survey point and use this only for the other export?

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5