Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Exporting files

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you export something from Archicad as a tif but with a high resolutiuon of 300 dpi? Where can you state how high you want the resolution???
8 REPLIES 8
Djordje
Ace
Karlie wrote:
How do you export something from Archicad as a tif but with a high resolutiuon of 300 dpi? Where can you state how high you want the resolution???
From where? Plan, 3D window, rendering, Section/Elevation?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Karlie wrote:
From where? Plan, 3D window, rendering, Section/Elevation?
Plan mainly.
tsturm
Newcomer
Karlie

Are you on a Mac or PC?

If on Mac, zoom in to the plan say 200 percent. Then save out the image in the file format you want.

You should notice that the file size is based on what the percentage of zoom you have. So if you are zoomed way out on a site plan to see it all then the graphics will be reduced in resolution. So to get a greater detailed file you need to be zoomed in. The more zoomed in the greater the file size.

HTH.
Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000
Anonymous
Not applicable
....so does anyone know how to get a higher .tiff resolution on a PC from a plan view?
Anonymous
Not applicable
it seems to work fine on a PC also..

it always helps though if you can work with Photoshop and improve the image (levels, hues, etc..) depending on what you need it for. (web, press, inkjet..)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Andrew wrote:
....so does anyone know how to get a higher .tiff resolution on a PC from a plan view?
You should told us what do you need image for, but anyway I may suggest exporting 3D/floor plan/section in vector format (PDF, DWG, EPS...) and use it for high resolution illustrations.

Hope it helped.

Regards
Erika Epstein
Booster
I am trying to save a tif at a resolution of 600 dpi. Originally the final output was to be 4" high, but editor may want it to be larger. I can always change the scale in archicad and/or plotmaker to make the original larger, but either way I can not get it with a resolution greater than 72 dpi.

It is a 2D drawing for use as an illustration accompanying an article. I have been zooming in and out of the archicad plan window trying unsuccessfully to save it out at higher than 72 dpi.

I have tried saving it out from plotmaker with equally abysmal results.

I can save a pdf at high resolution, but the printer is requesting it as a tif or eps.

Opening the pdf in PHOtoshop to change it there to a tif or other format adds a gridded backgroung. I am not skilled in Photoshop. does this grid print?

Any help?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Erika Epstein
Booster
with none other than Dwight Atkinson's help,
1. I saved from archicad a pdf at the high resolution requested.
2. Opened the pdf in photoshop
3. saved it as a tif with that high resolution
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"