Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Exporting from Archicad 17 produces errors

Anonymous
Not applicable
Trying to import a model from Archicad 17 into 3DS Max but having major issues. I have imported a few models from 16 as .3ds files without too many problems, apart from smoothing some of the polys.

But now i am experiencing a problem that i've never seen before, in the 3ds Max viewport when i import a .3ds file the geometry blurs when I stop moving the viewport, i don't think its a graphics card issue as i have tried it on another PC with exactly the same results, when saved as a .obj file the blur issue goes away but there is still a problem with the geometry, triangulating/faceting a flat surface, the facets are not in the Archicad model and there doesn't seem to be a problem in C4D but when it is exported it creates the additional geometry.

It seems like the problem occurs in the export, the only solution i can see is to recreate the geometry in Max but that could take hours/days, does anyone have a fix for this?
1 REPLY 1
Eduardo Rolon
From AC export to C4D and from C4D export to Max?
Try using FBX in addition to 3DS when going from C4D to Max.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator