BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Exporting from Archicad 17 to Cinema 4D

SergeA
Participant
Hello Archicad talk community,
This is my very first post.
I use the Archicad 17 and I would like to render my models in Cinema 4D. I have been installing the addon for AC 17 Int. over and over and still I cannot find it when I try to Save As. Does anyone have a solution or has experienced the same issue?
5 REPLIES 5
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
I have not done this myself but did a quick search and it looks fairly straight forward. See http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/tips/cinema-4d-exchange-add-on-for-archicad-15/

This is for AC15 but it is probably the same.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
SergeA
Participant
Thank you for your reply.
But my problem is installing the Add-on. When I install it I cant see .c4d in the save as options. Do i have to uninstall and reinstall Archicad for that?
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
SergeA,
You should not have to do anything to AC itself. I just installed the Add-on for AC18 and when I tried to save a 3D view as a C4D file the option did show up as it should. Not sure what your problem might be. It may be sensitive to the type of 3D view you are generating before you try to save it. Sorry not much use.

You will have to wait until someone who knows more chimes in.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Eduardo Rolon
Just to be sure. If the Add-On is correctly installed.

•You need to save the file from the 3D Window in order for the option to appear. If you are in any other view you will not see the option.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

SergeA
Participant
The problem is the Add-on is not installing well.
Am using AC17 on windows 10. I just tried to install again and it is not loading the install wizard, it stopping right after I chose to extract the content to a temporary folder.
Learn and get certified!