Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Exporting to Excel changes certain values

B_E_A_T_
Advocate

Hi all,

I have an issue when saving a schedule to an XLS/XLSX file. In one column I have article numbers (e.g. "40.20.10."), but when opening the resulting spreadsheet in Excel (or Numbers) for that matter, the points (".") disappear (e.g. "402010"). As this happens in both Excel and Numbers, I assume it is happening in the translation Archicad makes of the schedule...

I couldn't find any setting to change this behavior though... 

I am working on a Mac, but opening the spreadsheet in a Windows-environment does not make a difference...

Exporting to TXT and importing this result into Excel works fine but is a bit cumbersome...

(òÓ,)_\,,/

www.studiov2.be

Archicad 24/25/26
Rhino/Grasshopper
BIMcollab ZOOM

>>> Read my book!<<<
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hi all,

I managed to solve this issue. The ID's that I mentioned earlier were actually Classification ID's (adding a Classification as a Field, and checking "ID only" in the options/settings - the "..." button to the right of this field in the Scheme Settings).

I used a Custom Property:

<SPLITLEFT ( Classfication; " "; 1)>

As the classfication has a formatting where the first space in the name is always after the ID (no matter the length) this always works. Data Type is set to "String", so it is 'written' as a string to the Excel (I suppose)...

(òÓ,)_\,,/

www.studiov2.be

Archicad 24/25/26
Rhino/Grasshopper
BIMcollab ZOOM

>>> Read my book!<<<

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Does it make a difference and show the ‘.’ again if you change the format of the column of cells to ‘Text’. It may be excel trying to be clever. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
B_E_A_T_
Advocate

Hi Lee,

thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately that does not make a difference. Was my first thought as well - also the reason I tested it in Numbers app as well. Even the (apple) preview shows the wrong formatting in the icon... Really strange...

(òÓ,)_\,,/

www.studiov2.be

Archicad 24/25/26
Rhino/Grasshopper
BIMcollab ZOOM

>>> Read my book!<<<
Solution

Hi all,

I managed to solve this issue. The ID's that I mentioned earlier were actually Classification ID's (adding a Classification as a Field, and checking "ID only" in the options/settings - the "..." button to the right of this field in the Scheme Settings).

I used a Custom Property:

<SPLITLEFT ( Classfication; " "; 1)>

As the classfication has a formatting where the first space in the name is always after the ID (no matter the length) this always works. Data Type is set to "String", so it is 'written' as a string to the Excel (I suppose)...

(òÓ,)_\,,/

www.studiov2.be

Archicad 24/25/26
Rhino/Grasshopper
BIMcollab ZOOM

>>> Read my book!<<<