Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Exporting zones to DWG

Anonymous
Not applicable
When exporting a drawing containing zones of different categories to DWG the colours are completely messed up – most of them grey so I can’t even distinguish them. Does anyone know why this happens?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
.dwg format has never heard of Zones. So want do you want to achieve? If you export the fill to dwg it will not do any good since Autocad measures area by boundary or polyline and it has no connection with the text of the on the screen.

I export zones only as stamps without the fills.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm doing a feasibility study for an office building . I don't want to measure the areas in AutoCAD (since I already measured them in ArchiCAD). I just want the appearance of the exported drawing to resemble the appearance in ArchiCAD (so that I can send it out to the client or consultants). I have different zone colours for the offices that belong to different departments of the company that is going to use the office building. The colours all completely messed up, most of them turned to the same gray colour so I can not distinguish different deparments any more.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You could change the Zone stamp colours for different zones and skip the fills.

Sorry, no better ideas!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your time anyway...
Anonymous
Not applicable
You cold send it as pfd. This is the only way I send information to clients.