Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Expression with NUMBER data type in schedule with merged uniform items

Lukas Zeleny
Enthusiast
Hi

I have problem with schedule where are merged uniform items. When I use Property with data Type "number" or "Integer" these numbers are not added together as classical length or quantities would be. See the first picture:

What I want to achieve is a schedule combining Walls and Objects which will show length for walls and Quantities only for Objects and not for walls:

Ideally those two values shoud be in one collumn Quantity/Length in data format "3 ks" or "87,840 m" but I'm not very optimistic that it's possible
BIM Manager at SIEBERT+TALAŠ
www.sieberttalas.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There was a similar thread recently, which was about "Length" type Properties, which do get summed.
Minh from GS HQ Tech Support got an answer from a developer, which explains what is happening here:

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=69665&p=310512#p310512

In your specific case, try to set the Data Type to "Length", see if that helps. I guess "Number" and "Length" are interchangeable in this situation, so you can select one of the other depending on whether you want values summed ("Length" type), or not summed "Number" types), when the Merge Uniform Items checkbox is checked.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There was a similar thread recently, which was about "Length" type Properties, which do get summed.
Minh from GS HQ Tech Support got an answer from a developer, which explains what is happening here:

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=69665&p=310512#p310512

In your specific case, try to set the Data Type to "Length", see if that helps. I guess "Number" and "Length" are interchangeable in this situation, so you can select one of the other depending on whether you want values summed ("Length" type), or not summed "Number" types), when the Merge Uniform Items checkbox is checked.
Lukas Zeleny
Enthusiast
Thank you,

that explains the issue. I have already tried to set it to lenght and it works.

My original problem was to handle decimal places and with lenght, or any other number with unit I can change it only wit "Calculation units and Rules" setting which changes decimals in whole project.

It would be great to add Operator which will change weather the number is "extensive" or "ntensive" or add Integer operator also for unit values.

Still love these expresions functions, keep up the good work
BIM Manager at SIEBERT+TALAŠ
www.sieberttalas.com
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Lukas wrote:
It would be great to add Operator which will change whether the number is "extensive" or "intensive" or add Integer operator also for unit values.

You can make a wish for this feature, we can vote on it and if it gets enough support, we can submit it to GRAPHISOFT for consideration.
If you do make a wish, please post its link in this thread.