BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

External files cannot be updated by other users

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello. I hope that you can help us with a problem that we are having with external drawings. We have about 5 users working in a teamwork file ArchiCAD 17 (last updated with Hotfix 8 build 8000).

When one user brings in an external drawing file (pdf or jpeg), that user is typically the only one who can update it. Other users can reserve it, but trying to update results in the message that the file is missing, and directing them to the drawing manager. The external drawing cannot even be updated from the drawing manager, even though the path reads correctly. We have tried using both absolute and relative paths with no success. The drawings are brought in from our common server (a different computer than the BIM server).

All the computers, including the servers, are Macs. Operating systems vary, including OSX 10.8.5, Mavericks, and Yosemite.

Is this an issue you've seen before, and can you tell us how to correct it? Thank you for your help.
1 REPLY 1
matjashka
Enthusiast
Hi Kesal.
I'd try this first:
1) relaunch all running ArchiCAD while both BIM server and File server are running.
2) make sure that all users are connected to the appropriate share point on File server over AFP (I vaguely remember that AC uses something it calls TCP over AFP, but I may be wrong)
3) I would assume you already use ACL over regular POSIX permissions on the File server, but in any case I'd make sure that everyone has permissions.

In any case, AC has to see the physical file on the machine and AFP connection seems to be the key.

HTH
Matt Krol [LinkedIn]
BHMS Architects and Planners, Chicago
AC 10 ... 26 USA
Learn and get certified!