BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Extracting Door Panel size for schedule NOT rough opening

Eric Gedney
Participant
I have been unable to find a variable where it gives the WxH of the door panel in the schedule not the rough opening. I would like to model the door with the frame, but have door panel size come up in the schedule. My work-around is to model the door with no frame. It seems like a sophisticated program like AC should be able to do this. Am I missing something?

Eric Gedney, Architect

AC10 (1138) on Mac 10.4
Eric Gedney, Architect

AC24 on Mac Pro
4 REPLIES 4
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
What door object(s) are you using?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Eric Gedney
Participant
Laura wrote:
What door object(s) are you using?
I am using Door Builder 3.5 from Cadimage, but I think it is the same situation with the standard ArchiCAD doors.
Eric Gedney, Architect

AC24 on Mac Pro
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Eric wrote:
I am using Door Builder 3.5 from Cadimage, but I think it is the same situation with the standard ArchiCAD doors.
Actually, no they're not. The A and B parameters of the AC doors are the size of the door panel -- the A and B parameters in the DWB part are the rough opening. If I remember correctly, the inability to get these doors to schedule correctly is why we don't use the DWB doors.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Eric Gedney
Participant
Laura wrote:
Eric wrote:

Actually, no they're not. The A and B parameters of the AC doors are the size of the door panel -- the A and B parameters in the DWB part are the rough opening. If I remember correctly, the inability to get these doors to schedule correctly is why we don't use the DWB doors.

Thanks, I guess I missed that. I still like DWB3.5 better for the simple reason that the operation of the door or window is a variable within a single object. I know the eyedropper and syringe thing has made transferring parameters easier, but still...
Eric Gedney, Architect

AC24 on Mac Pro
Learn and get certified!