BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

F Y I - Teamwork 14 - Open Deleted Projects

matthewjj
Newcomer
I thought I would report on an issue we had and the solution in the event anybody else has this issue.

We had a teamwork project that had to get re-teamworked. The original file was deleted from the bimserver after the new file was created. The new file had the same name as the original to preserve links. The team members who had joined the original project could not see the new file on the bimserver, only the original (deleted) file.

The solution was to select the original (deleted) file and hit "Open". This caused a window to come up with three choices: "Close & Delete Local Data", "Cancel" and "Continue Anyway". Choosing "Close & Delete Local Data" turned out to be the solution. It deletes the local data on users who have joined the original project and when they go back to Archicad to join the new file (of the same name), the new file shows up properly.

So, apparently, having a new file with the same name as another file (even deleted) confuses the bimserver.

Screen shot 2010-08-17 at 5.27.44 PM.png
matt johnson
archicad since 2004
imac 27, 4.2 GHz Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, radeon 575 4 GB, macOS 10.14.6
imac, 4.0ghz i7, 16gb ram, Radeon M9 390 2GB, OS X El Capitan
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!