Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Failure to Upload AC Library 24 on the BIM Cloud

Vivian Stasi
Contributor
Hello -

After setting up the BIMCloud Basic on an office server and sharing the first teamwork file there, I am trying to upload the AC Library 24 and I am getting an error message. I have a project administrator and lead architect role so I was able to upload the MEP Library and a couple custom and material libraries just fine. I found out that for the custom material library I had to rename my files excluding characters like "-" or "_". However, I am not sure if that is the case for the AC24 Library. I also tried to upload the ARCHICAD Library 24.lcf file separately and got the same message again. Is it possible that there is something wrong with the file(s)?
Please note I am working on the Archicad 24 GRE Version (not sure if that affects anything).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lL5k2wQug4s9ZNbNZE4AtN_HWos8wb0s/view?usp=sharing

Any input into that issue would be greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Mark Bell
Participant

Hi Vivian, 
Did you ever manage to resolve this? I am having a similar issues with 25 now as we try and change the office onto it. 

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hello Vivian and Mark,

Unfortunately the error message is not visible for me any longer, but based on your comment, I try to give some tips to check.

First of all, if you modified the default library (e.g. copied there extra gsm, lcf, jpg, png files), make sure its size is not bigger than 4 GB. Libraries larger than 4 GB cannot be uploaded. Check out what happens if you directly upload the library to BIMcloud (File > Libraries and Objects > Manage BIMcloud Libraries > Upload) or upload it while sharing a project. May worth to check if you can upload the library from a different computer or with a different user (maybe even with a different role). 

Kind regards,
Noémi 

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin