Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

File backsaved 25-to-24 crashes 24 on opening

A file backsaved to AC 24 from AC 25 4013 crashes AC 24 6004 on opening.

I tried with a new project from template, adding a slab only, and that one does backsave from 25 and open fine in 24. 

A Google search took me to a similar case in Reddit, but I don't find anything here.

3 REPLIES 3
4dProof
Advisor

AC24 was/is very crash happy for sure. 25 seems more stable. What OS are you running? I think updating my OS helped... but for mac, Monterey is even worse in 24 (seems to run 25 really well though).

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi Ignacio,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry for the experience!

Before going deeper, may I ask for the bug ID generated after sending the crash report when you open the file? This might already reveal to us what caused the crash.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

I have always (at least long before 2005: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/Bug-report-suggestion/m-p/43019) disabled the crash reporter  as soon as I install, or as soon as it turns up for the first time. It is an immense nuisance, because it demands a lot of  time from you every time, at the worst possible time. It should have a button just like in Twinmotion, something like “do you want not to send the report”, and then I would not remove the application, and would actually send reports every now and then, when I want to.