BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Flexible/ Moving kitchen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello

We have been commissioned to develop "the most innovative and smart layout for an apartment". We are considering having moving parts in different areas (moving walls, kitchen bench turning into dinning table etc).

The outcome would be 2D drawings as well as 3D renders, 3D printing and possibly an animation.

I know Archicad is great for modeling but when it comes to costume made objects, it could be a bit stiff. We are considering sketch up or Revit and are open to other suggestions...

Which software would you guys recommend?

Thanks so much

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try "Etch a Sketch"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rhino
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would also recommend Rhinoceros, for these reasons:

1- Great Modelling Core (NURBS)
2- Can model with High precision and ease.
3- Best compatibility with Archicad.

But, then there is the economic issue, if you are going to spend money make it in Rhinoceros, if not, then use Sketchup or use any other software you have in hand.

PD: There are some free 3d CAD modeling software out there but I don't know how good they are for what you need or how compatible with Archicad they might be.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you arqrivas and TAI for your suggestions.

I will take your advice and start with Sketch up and Rhino. Will keep you updated on how it goes!

Cheers
Learn and get certified!