BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Frame width in interactive schedule

cgrimley
Contributor
See attached of a door schedule in v12. The frame width is shown in decimal feet (i.e. .44'). I have fiddled with the dimensions and tolerances in the project preferences every which way and that won't change it. I have tried different doors and sizes. Does anybody have ideas on how to fix this?
We used the same door schedule with v10 and didn't have this issue.
Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What settings did you try to influence this?
Also, is the Frame Thickness value coming from a parameter of he Door object?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
cgrimley
Contributor
I have tried changing the 'dimensions' under project preferences. See attached picture 2, its a screenshot of our company's standard settings, which also is what worked before in v10.
Picture 1 is a screenshot of the parameters set in the interactive schedule showing the 'Thickness' parameter for the frame width.
Now in the door settings, under the Door Frame options, I have the 'Frame Thickness=Wall Thickness+1" selected and the Door Reveal/Closure set to 'No Reveal'. This combination shows the door graphically correct on the floor plan and use to give me the thickness. When I unselect 'Frame Thickness=Wall Thickness+1" and put the frame thickness in manually it shows up correctly on the schedule, but the door frame doesn't show correctly on the floor plan, since it has 'No Reveal' and the door is in a stud wall.
Your probably thinking "just select the 'studwall' in the Door Reveal/Closure setting." I've done that and it gives me the same result, door shows graphically correct, but frame thickness doesn't.
Sorry for the long post, hope it is clear enough to understand.
Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB
cgrimley
Contributor
Here is picture 2 from the previous post
Casey Grimley
AC24
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Go to the Calculation Units page of the Project Preferences Dialog and show me what is set there for Length Units.
The page you show in your image influences Dimensions created with Dimensioning Tools, but not units in Interactive Schedules.
cgrimley
Contributor
Ok, I changed the decimal feet to decimal inches in the Calculations Units and it gave me 7.25". Which, when exported to excel, becomes 7 1/4".
That will work for us, since we have an outside door guy do the schedule.
Thanks Laszlo.
Casey Grimley
AC24
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You are welcome.
Too bad one cannot set fractional inches.
Learn and get certified!