Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Framing take-offs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, The company I have started working for is looking for a more efficient way to do framing take-offs. At my previous employer, we were using software called Vertex BD which was reasonably good in this aspect. I have found that ArchiCAD can get most of the information we need to spit out the numbers that our lumber supplier would use to do a manual take off, such as; windows, doors, linear footage & wall height but the big one I can't find is a corner count or any other count of wall connections to get number for the extra studs needed in those locations.

Short of placing a dedicated object for those does anyone have any ideas?
12 REPLIES 12
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
When doing quantity take off for these kind of things (corner/junction details) I just count 'em. Takes as much time as placing the object and having the schedule show it. To each his own

There is also stuff like setting masonry profiles, rent of heavy machinery etc that I wouldn't have in my model, so doing similar stuff already
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin, I agree that it takes as much time to place the object as it does just to count it but we have a handoff between the drafting team and purchasing team so it would be nice if no one had to count anything and the numbers where there.

I have also worked in places where they just had a base cost package that every project gets such as standard equipment rentals, utility tie-in fees and similar costs.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
In a bigger office setting that makes sense, hadn't thought of it like that yet

You could also use properties now, you could just add a 'junction' property to the walls and set a number there, perhaps divide by two to get the end result.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5