Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Full Element ID in Schedules

TracyGA
Contributor
In the previous versions of Archicad, the Full Element ID of objects was able to be adjusted within a schedule that referenced it (as long as the layer was on). In version 21, it seems that is no longer the case and that the IDs can now only be adjusted if you click on the object in the model. Is this true, or is there something different that needs to happen now? I don't know why Graphisoft would get rid of such a helpful function, but it is driving us crazy in our office! Please help!
5 REPLIES 5
RandyC
Advocate
I have found that "Hotlink and Element Id" field is not editable
"Element Id" field however is editable.
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
TracyGA
Contributor
Thank you RandyC! I am not sure how that got changed in my schedules, but that fixed it for me. I am thinking it must have happened when I updated the file from version 20 to 21. Thanks again!
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
TracyGA wrote:
I am thinking it must have happened when I updated the file from version 20 to 21.
Yep -- that's the culprit.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In AC21, there is the Element ID, which is the ID you set in the ID field of the Element Settings Dialog. (This was called "Compact Element ID" in previous versions, and it WAS available as a Field for Schedules).

There is the Hotlink Master ID, which you can set in the Settings Dialog of a selected Hotlinked Module. (This was called "Master ID" in previous versions, and it WAS NOT available as a Field for Schedules. You could display it in certain Labels such as the "Generic Label 20" or the "Identification and Property Label 20" Label.)

Then there is the Hotlink and Element ID, which is the result of the concatenation of the Hotlink Master ID and the Element ID. (This was called "Full Element ID" in previous versions, and it WAS available as a Field for Schedules).

The "Hotlink and Element ID" feature enables you to have Unique IDs for elements coming from Hotlinked Modules placed multiple times in the Project.

In AC21 all three are available for Schedules as Fields. The "Hotlink Master ID" and "Hotlink and Element ID" fields are not editable because they are settings of Hotlinked Modules, not settings of Doors/Windows, and the Door/Window simply inherits them. Also, in case of an element coming from a Hotlinked Module, the "Element ID" field will not be editable either in the Schedule.
For element not coming from Hotlinked Modules, the "Element ID" field is editable and when it is edited, its "Hotlink and Element ID" field will update automatically based on its changes.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
runxel
Legend
Thanks for the clarification, Laszlo!
Great that it got renamed – it's much clearer now, I guess.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»