Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

GRAPHISOFT License Manager Tool requires reinstall for every use

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have GRAPHISOFT License Manager Tool on my mac (MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), macOS Big Sur 11.2.3).
After installation the tool runs once, and in the next open I receive an error (in attachment).

Once reinstalled and repaired, the tool again works once and then the whole thing repeats.

This issue continues from previous OS (Catalina), and requires reinstall for each use (2-3 times a day).
Any ideas? Everything will be welcome.
4 REPLIES 4
rjwilden
Booster
Having a similar problem but not to the same extent. Might happen once a week.
Richard Wilden Design. Ltd
Dunedin, New Zealand.
Imac 27" i9 3.6GHz; 32GB Ram Mac OS 11.3
Archicad V23:V24
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

Based on the screenshot, am I right to assume that the License Manager tool crashed? Is there any Graphisoft Bug reporter appeared?

Also, is there any antivirus program active in the machine? It might have blocked the program from running or delete the program totally. This would explain why reinstall helps, but the problem appears after a few runs.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello and thank you for your reply.

The License Manager tool didn't crash, and there was no bug report generated.

This computer currently has no antivirus program installed, since your guess was similar to mine.
I agree this sounds related, but is there any other issue I can check regarding macOS firewall definitions that can result in the same outcome?

Thank you again,
Ayelet Lanel
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Lanel,

Thank you for the information!

Please have a look at the Service Connections from this page: https://graphisoft.com/downloads/licensing/help/INT/system_requirements#post-10693:~:text=Service%20...

In case you control network communication by firewall/proxy etc., please make sure that License Manager Tool can communicate with the above hosts. Although it might not explain why reinstall helps to run LMT for a short while, we might be able to see some events from the macOS's Firewall if that's the case.

Best regards,
MInh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT