BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

General question about MEP Modeler

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using a different product (Chief Architect) and just found out about Archicad recently. One of the most interesting features is the MEP Modeler that are almost in-existent in Chief. For example in Chief I am using CAD shapes to get an approximate idea of how how the plumbing will look like.
The problem with this is that as soon as I need to move/resize the structure, I need to move/re-size all plumbing elements / CAD blocks one by one.

I would like to know if MEP Modeler can do the following:

1 - Define the type of pipe such as water supply or drainage
2 - Enforce certain rules - like the required drain slope
3 - Warn or alert on non-conforming design - such as pipe or duct diameter too small or insufficient slope
4 - Warn or alert on missing elements - such as missing or misplaced stack vents, safety valves, etc

I hope my questions don't sound too stupid.
Any advice would be appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
1. Yes
2. Yes but manually & it can be tricky if you then alter the length of pipe
3. No, not that I am aware of
4. No, not that I am aware of

Sorry I have only been using MEP for a short while, I know it will take some practise for me to get better with it.
Attached is an isometric drain plan I did a month or so back, this does update if altered & some of the parts such as the terminal vent are not part of the MEP library, i made it myself.
Learn and get certified!