BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Get list of objects clashed in "clash detection"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear folks,

how can I produce a list, which shows two objects clashing in one line?

At least I need a 2-colum-list, where each colum show the ARCHICAD-GUID (internal ID) of each of the clashing-pair.

Background: I got about 14.000 doors imported as gsm-object from DWG-attributed-block. These 14.000 "2D-pseudo-door-objects" contain about 12 parameters which are important data for FM (it is working at the running machine). I add a 3D prism (the dooraxis - line is a prisma and will defenitly cut into the future 3d-door-blade.

Step by step the 2D-pseudo-doors will be displaced by ARCHICAD-doors by hand.
When I now start a clash-detection, 1. group: the new placed ARCHICAD-doors - 2. group: the 3d-modded "pseudo-door-objects" I will get for 'n' ARCHICAD-doors "n' clashes...

When I now get a list of doors and their "clashing-partner" "pseudo-door, I can copy the data-parameter values of the pseudo-doors into ARCHICAD-attributes of the new ARCHICAD-doors...

so I would be able to finish the transformation from 35-year-old 2D-DWG-block to ARCHICAD-BIM-door...

Please do not wonder about the funny process - this story is playing in a very complicated-environment...

best regards from vienna,
Klaus
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!