Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Getting a correct SUM of zones within interactive schedules

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have got a problem to get correct sum of quantities (the elements quantified are zones).

When I use AC12 and and interactive schedules the result is partially right. In the attached picture 3 columns are wrong : SHOB, d and S'x0,95. When I collect the data and use MSXLS to calculate the sums, the result is totally correct. Same with any calculator.

How can I set AC12 to get all sums correct ? Is it possible ? Are there specific settings to push AC12 to display correctly this quantities collected from zones within interactive schedules ?
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Til:

This could be due to a rounding error, can you display greater precision for the AC schedules? Also, for column S'x0,95, my calculator shows that 84.42 x 8 = 675.36, so the AC schedule seems correct, and the XLS is wrong.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David
David wrote:
This could be due to a rounding error, can you display greater precision for the AC schedules?
yes understood, and found it.

Warning there is a trap :

IS are not linked to the "Options/Project Preferences/Dimensions" settings,
IS are linked to the "Options/Project Preferences/Calculations Units" settings

The result will show correctly only if I turn of decimals (as shown on the images attached)
When ever a decimal is displayed one of the columns will generate a calculation error.
David wrote:
Also, for column S'x0,95, my calculator shows that 84.42 x 8 = 675.36, so the AC schedule seems correct, and the XLS is wrong.
Waow you are right, I should maybe send another post to MS

Thanx a lot David