Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Goodies Add-on won't show up in menu Archicad 25

jansetyeten
Participant

Hello,

I've been having problems with seeing the Goodie Add-Ons in my Archicad 25. I have to  use mesh to roof tool, but I can not see the options to choose from in the Design Extras dropdown menu. I have tried couple of tutorials about the installation including adding them to my workspace.

Still they seem to be greyed out even in that situation. I am using the student version, does it have something to do with that?

Does anyone have a idea what to do?

jansetyeten_2-1652353817988.png

20 REPLIES 20

The language could definitely be the problem, I downloaded the goodies in INT but the software probably in another one, maybe USA or UKI... I'll try to solve it that way, thank you again.

I just tried and i get the same message.

maybe because the add-on is already loaded.

But if it is the wrong language version maybe it is loading but just can't be used?

I am not sure about that though.

Barry

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

It has finally worked! I uninstalled and downloaded the goodies also in INT and added it to my menu, it is now perfectly fine.

Thank you so much for your help once more!

Excellent.

Thanks for letting us know.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Sadly I have just encountered the same issue under ArchiCAD 26 (NZ version)

Goodies simply are not being detected in ArchiCAD when installed - they are absent in the addon manager dialog, even though they are right there in the Addons folder when I manually browse to them via Windows Explorer.

When I re-run the goodies installer for ArchiCAD 26 (NZ version), the installer detects that goodies are already installed.

Reinstalling goodies again then reinstalling the latest ArchiCAD 26 update for NZ does not help.

I have only one ArchiCAD 26 install

PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop

There is a glitch (bug?) in version 26.

If you install Archicad 26, then run it and then install the goodies, they will not update the work environment and you will not see the commands in the menus.

You will need to re-install 26 (repair mode is fine, you do not need to un-install), don’t start Archicad, install the goodies, then install the latest update.

Now you can start Archicad and it should all be good.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Paul King
Advisor

Thanks Barry.  I ended up manually messing around with menus to make the the addon options available - but your approach would have been quicker!

PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop

I have the same problem with Archicad SE 2022 edition

Version Lang Build Platform Type

25POL4703Win64START

After install (and re-install) commands don't show up in the menu.

I have been struggling with this for quite a long time and gave up but I really need 3ds import add on this time...

I don't think it's the SE version issue as it worked on older ones...

The only problem I can see its Build number...

Hello Barry, 

I am facing a similar issue. I downloaded Datasmith for ArchiCAD and added it but I have failed to remove the previous versions. The Twinmotion menu also does not show up in my menus. How do I fix this please? I cannot see the menu in WE either. 

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 13.26.12.png
ArchiCAD 27
MacBook Pro 16-Inch, 2019
2.3GHz 8-core Intel Core i9
16GB RAM 4GB AMD Radeon Pro 5500M
Marthar K_ Byomire
Contributor

Hello, 

I am unable to remove earlier installations of Datasmith for ArchiCAD as i had already deleted the files. however the new add-on download also does not show in the menu bar. How do i fix this please? 

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 13.26.12.png
ArchiCAD 27
MacBook Pro 16-Inch, 2019
2.3GHz 8-core Intel Core i9
16GB RAM 4GB AMD Radeon Pro 5500M