BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Graphisoft Estimator 2005

KeesW
Advocate
Is this product available? The links don't go anywhere.

In the meantime, how does one attribute cost to building elements - say $100 per square metre when one draws a slab. Presumably, the Calculate menu can be set up to schedule it properly, multiply the area of slab x its cost, and total it on the bottom (or somewhere obvious and useful. I can see enormous benefits for architects if this information can be easily extracted from the archicad model.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
17 REPLIES 17
KeesW
Advocate
I'll try this again. Can anyone tell me about Graphisoft Estimator 2005? Maybe it requires a Hungarian response!
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

Karl Ottenstein
Hi Kees,

I'm not sure which link you mean when you say it doesn't go anywhere? The links on the GS web site all seem to go somewhere... For example:

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/construction/products_and_services/estimator/

But, I admit I would like to see the PDF of the User Guide for Estimator posted there so that we can all read about it in more detail. The short paragraphs on the page linked above are not enough to understand what the product really offers.

I believe that Constructor/Estimator are sold and supported by a specialized team. But, then I see C/E advertised on various reseller web sites... so perhaps your reseller has more info.

Yes, the Calculate Menu can do what you suggest - associate a SF cost with an element, such as a slab, via an associated property object. Or...export an I.S. list to Excel or Access/Filemaker and link in the cost data and math. All to be explained in my forthcoming book on using Calculate... 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
KeesW
Advocate
Thanks Karl. What I meant was, that the link doesn't lead to further explanations of Gaphisoft Estimator - eg how one gets it, and what it costs. It DOES lead to Constructor 2005, with tutorials for this product, etc. Am I to assume that Estimator 2005 is not a stand-alone, or Archicad add-on, but is available only as a component of Constructor? The web-link does not explain anything about this - but it does describe what appears to be very attractive and useful product. It has wetted my appetite - and than left me up in the air about getting it!
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

Djordje
Ace
KeesW wrote:
Thanks Karl. What I meant was, that the link doesn't lead to further explanations of Gaphisoft Estimator - eg how one gets it, and what it costs. It DOES lead to Constructor 2005, with tutorials for this product, etc. Am I to assume that Estimator 2005 is not a stand-alone, or Archicad add-on, but is available only as a component of Constructor? The web-link does not explain anything about this - but it does describe what appears to be very attractive and useful product. It has wetted my appetite - and than left me up in the air about getting it!
AFAIK -

Both are not out of the box products, but solutions. You should contact your local Graphisoft guys, and they ashould tell you.

Both are standalone, do not hook onto ArchiCAD, and the whole implementation and business model is different from the usual ArchiCAD related one.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
But, I admit I would like to see the PDF of the User Guide for Estimator posted there so that we can all read about it in more detail. The short paragraphs on the page linked above are not enough to understand what the product really offers.
Karl
Absolutely...we definitely need more infomation. I haven't been able to successfully glean much of any info out from the content that is available. There was a Constructor webex scheduled a couple of months ago that got canceled for some reason. Graphisoft stated it would be rescheduled but I'm not aware of any announcements about it...Has anyone heard of when this might be rescheduled?
Karl wrote:
All to be explained in my forthcoming book on using Calculate... 😉
Karl
OK Karl, now you gotta tell us more...what, when, and where? This is a long overdue document...great to see someone "stepping up to the plate" to provide it! Also, do you plan to cover any SQL stuff?

Dan K
Karl Ottenstein
Dan wrote:
Karl wrote:
All to be explained in my forthcoming book on using Calculate... 😉
Karl
OK Karl, now you gotta tell us more...what, when, and where? This is a long overdue document...great to see someone "stepping up to the plate" to provide it! Also, do you plan to cover any SQL stuff?

Dan K
🙂 Yes, it will cover everything about creating and extracting data from the model - quantity survey, list schemes, interactive scheduler, SQL, ODBC and - to be complete - even a very brief section on how the API can be used to get data into and out of the model. Interface with external software such as Excel, Access and Filemaker and more. Lots of screenshots and examples, of course. Coming up with an appropriate title may be the hardest part of the effort!

I'm reluctant to announce 'when' until the draft is complete. Where - will be direct sales. The goal is to make this both affordable and easy to understand and use. We'll see!

Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope you will have a thorough information on the changes that may come with AC10, so the work wont be quickly incomplete
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
🙂 Yes, it will cover everything about creating and extracting data from the model - quantity survey, list schemes, interactive scheduler, SQL, ODBC and - to be complete - even a very brief section on how the API can be used to get data into and out of the model. Interface with external software such as Excel, Access and Filemaker and more...
Karl
Karl,
This is absolutely Fantastic! news. Thank you so much for tackling this area for all of us. Can't wait to see it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you,
Dan K
Karl Ottenstein
oreopoulos wrote:
I hope you will have a thorough information on the changes that may come with AC10, so the work wont be quickly incomplete
Yes, I'm 'in the loop' on AC10. Completeness is the goal. Keeping the reader awake will be the hardest part. 😉
Dan wrote:
This is absolutely Fantastic! news. Thank you so much for tackling this area for all of us. Can't wait to see it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you,
Thanks, Dan! I'll never have as many people excited about this as Dwight does for his LW book, but knowing that there is at least one eager reader is great motivation. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
Learn and get certified!