Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Has anyone used this software before?

ArchlineXP?

http://www.archlinexp.cc/

I downloaded the trial version and it seems to be like a dumbed down version ArchiCAD right down to the pet-palette even the interface to some extent. They clearly were looking at ArchiCAD when developing this. I have to give them props for some of their modelling tools ( basic lofting, revolve, spline surfaces, twist etc) that ArchiCAD should have developed itself ages ago. And the Revit-like interactive simultaneous update of the 3D as you work in 2D or vice-versa is also nice. I found it funny that when saving the file it gives you the option of just saving 2D or if you would liek to include the 3D model and information as well. I guess its basically the same as saving a window or view in ArchiCAD as a 2D DWG file, but I suppose I`m more used to thinking of everything as a single model from which you get all the rest of the information as it is in AC, as opposed to the other way around.

Basically it looks like a "lighter" version of ArchiCAD still in its early stages of development, with some interesting ideas and a lot of blatant AC rip-offs. So my suggestion is that it wouldn't hurt Graphisoft to return the favour at look at some of their modeling tools as some things that would be useful in future versions of ArchiCAD.
3 REPLIES 3
Rakela Raul
Participant
http://www.idecad.com/

another AC like
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
__archiben
Booster
Bricklyne wrote:
ArchlineXP?
I downloaded the trial version and it seems to be like a dumbed down version ArchiCAD right down to the pet-palette even the interface to some extent.
i seem to recall it was a bunch of ex-graphisoft employees . . . hence the very similar code-base.

aside from the (a)moral side of their venture, they do seem to have a more professional approach and a vision of a virtual construction industry as a whole that graphisoft should've had . . .

PC only though.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's not dumbed down
it has lots of great features that are missing from archicad

VERY strong on modeling (compared to archicad) - profiled walls and slabs created on the fly, true curved roofs, decent stairs, and other that i don't remember right now.

for 2d drafting it seemed to be behind archicad