BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Help me buying new laptop

kornclub
Booster

Hello , i am buying laptop but too much configrations and varaties , i am confused what to chose !

Recommended Graphics Cards for Archicad 25  Nvidia Quadro K, M, P and RTX series.
any recommendations ? or specific laptop can do the job done Medium projects 

Thanks 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ryejuan
Advisor

in my opinion i think you should go with the RTX version of the gpu instead of the Quadro. it supports majority of other programs such as TwinMotion. 😎

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

View solution in original post

Solution

This is correct, however I also have a laptop with a 2080 and a 2060 with identical components otherwise and the 2080 is much better in Archicad with 3d vs the 2060. Noticably.

But my 3070 kills it in twinmotion for sure in comparison to the other two. Even only being slightly faster than the 2080.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Solution
ryejuan
Advisor

in my opinion i think you should go with the RTX version of the gpu instead of the Quadro. it supports majority of other programs such as TwinMotion. 😎

ArchiCAD 9 onwards

thanks for fast reply i will put in considrations that , what about RTX 3060 ,should i search in card structure like one support gaming more or details more !

ryejuan
Advisor

do you plan to buy those branded laptops? if yes dell xps or its alienware either of the two is one option in my opinion.

other options are using eGPU for less expensive laptops.

i think you need to consider more on storage (1tb NVME), processor (i7 or some what equivalent to it) and ram (min 16gb) 😎

ArchiCAD 9 onwards

I will check what is available on market brands , yes true expensive laptops sometimes i feel it is over priced , i was checking bench marks and  the more i search the more i get lost 👽
Thanks alot , wish you a good calm day 

I swear by my Msi. I have had them for my last several machines. And they're customer service is awesome.

Thanks , i see RTX 3070 how is it working on Archicad and other software ?

Amazing, I love it.  It's thinner but Msi has a pretty good cooling system so it does well.

I draw homes up towards 12000 sq ft with no issues while screen sharing with the client.

Many thanks , i will check MSI with same vga 

correct me if i'm wrong, i think Archicad mainly uses the processor and ram for editing in the modeling window not much to do with the GPU.

The GPU would be utilize when you are doing 3d walk tru.

Rendering i think it still uses the processor rather than GPU unless you are using the Redshift renderer in Archicad.

The GPU would be useful when you are using those realtime rendering software such as TwinMotion, Lumion, Enscape to name a few. 😎

ArchiCAD 9 onwards
Learn and get certified!