Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Help with Google Earth Connections

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody,
I'm just emerging from a very frustrating couple of hours trying to connect AC12 with Google Earth, which is supposedly made easy by the Google Earth Connections, until I actually tried to do it.

Of course, being a Mac user, I had to use a Win AC12 installed on a virtual machine, otherwise no connections at all.

So I had to install everything on my virtual machine: a second AC12, a second GE, and finally the Google Earth connections.

When I tried to test it, I managed to easily import an object from the 3D warehouse (a bath tub, yay!!!). But when I tried to actually import the ground information from a random location in GE, AC gave me an error:"There was an error communicating with the Google Earth Application".

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Enrico
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Deplorable situation. Google does not provide a distributiv, that can be stored on your computer (installation takes place via the Internet), and Graphisoft does not update the Add-On for new versions of Google Earth.
The question arises then, why do need this Add-on? Who, moreover, buried wonderful "SketchUp for ArchiCAD" Add-on.
GSHQfadmin
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Djordje wrote:
It is a problem with the plugin and the Google Earth version.

5.0.x works, 5.1.x does not.

Tried in 12 and 13 Int, Windows 32bit.

Neither the plugin says that it works only with Google Earth 5.0.x, nor it states that anywhere on the download site.
The updated AC13 compatible version is available on GS site:
http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/addons/google_earth/ge_earth_connections_download.html

It works with 5.0 or later Google Earth version
Anonymous
Not applicable
i don't seem to understand why the archicad12 cant connect with Google earth it keeps giving me the error message " there was an error communicating with the Google earth application" please i'm frustrated jumping from one software to another trying to find a stable program that will supply my needs. i don't seem to understand the proffered solution in this forum as i tried archicad12 with Google earth 5.0 it still did not work.
pls, any genius's help will be appreciated thanks!