BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Help with library setup

Anonymous
Not applicable
First I would like to say hello and thanks in advance for any assistance. Please note that I am not a BIM manager but I do want to use the BIM Server feature. My issues have to do with the libraries. Please also not that I am using Archicad 19 on Win 7. My understanding is that when a NEW project is started/opened certain libraries are automatically made available. Beyond the current Archicad libraries in ver. 19 I have libraries that go back to ver. 11 when I open an older version of a project in ver. 19 I get the usual messages about duplicates and missing items. I appears to me that the reason this happens is because when a user updates from one version to the next the install/update software does not perform a comparison function between the new library and all of the old ones and then merge the libraries together into a single current version. Having said that, is there a way to merge old libraries with the current version (19)? What my goal would be is to have all of the library material in one location, in my case a dedicated SSD in my work station. I have my BIM server already set up that way and it will be easy to move the libraries to the drive it would be even better if I could merge the libraries before moving the files. Has anyone done this before?
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried migrating your ArchiCAD libraries when you open projects done in older versions in the latest ArchiCAD version?

From what I understand, this consolidates your objects using old version library into a single folder so instead of loading up old ArchiCAD libraries, you just load the ArchiCAD Migration Library folder.
Learn and get certified!