Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Hidden Parameters as Additional Parameters in Schedules

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everybody,

I am trying to create a schedule for zones in AC12. Besides the available parameters, I would like to add new ones (available in the scripting of a custom zone I'm using). Clicking the <Additional Parameters> button in the <Fields/Zones> tab gives me a window in which i can select my zone ... but it only lists the parameters defined as "visible" in the zone stamp's script (if I edit the script and make those parameters visible, they can be selected in the schedule).
Does anyone know a way in which I can select those parameters (without changing them from "hidden" to "visible") in schedules? I noticed that this is possible when using lists.

Thank you in advance,
Adrian Tudoreanu
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
you have to make them visible in the parameterlist of the object, then you can hide them in the parameter script with the command Hideparameter
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you know the name of the hidden parameter by opening the object and looking at the parameter, but but don't want to have to save a copy of it with the parameter unhidden (in case of a Graphisoft part perhaps), simply create a dummy GDL object, manually add a parameter with exactly the same name and of the same type (e.g. length, boolean, angle etc) with a describing name, then save it. In the schedule click 'Additional Parameters' at the bottom, locate your newly created part, and 'add' the required parameter so it will become visible in the fields dialog. When you now open the schedule any parameters with that name, whether hidden or not, should be visible in the schedule.

You can use this dummy object to add as many hidden parameters from any number of objects - just keep adding new parameters and re-saving it.

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Peter and Master Script for your suggestions! I apologize for my late reply.

Adrian Tudoreanu