Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Hotlinked Element:Expression cannot be evaluated

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello All,
I wish and hope that you are well and healthy!

I wanted to create some schedules based on objects. I have created Expression based properties.
They output only if objects are native and not hotlinked.
AC outputs schedules of hotlinked elements but does not output values of these expression which are referring to hotlinks. Please see the uploaded image.
Is there any alternate?
Kindly replay ASAP.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,

14 REPLIES 14
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Narendra,

Thank you very much for your comment!

Unfortunately, as I mentioned previously, the expression cannot be evaluated if it is placed in a module. The Evaluation function also gives you this notice, if you look at the screenshot in my previous answer. I believe this is a limitation with the Evaluation function, as it works more like a preview to test the function.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience! I highly suggest reporting this through your local reseller in order to ask for higher priority.

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Andreas _kerlund
Contributor
Hi!

Saddly I can report that the problem still exist in Archicad 25. In autotext labels as well as in schedules.
We had the same problem in AC23. It makes me sad when bugs don´t get fixed over several versions....
Andreas Åkerlund, Arkitekt SAR
Arkitekthuset Jönköping AB
ArchiCAD 5 to 25
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i9 7920x @ 2.9 GHz, 64 GB RAM
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Andreas,

Thank you very much for your comment!

Previously, I did some experiments with a custom expression, and the result is that the expression works well in labels and schedules. May I ask for the expression you are using that does not work in labels/schedules for in-house reproduction?

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Best regards,
MInh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

CaticonC
Contributor

Hi, i have the same problem, i need to create schedules from zone properties that are made based on expressions, and the schedules don't give me data. I hope Graphisoft solves rthis problem. Working on Archicad 24

ArchiCAD 24
Windows 10
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Radeon RX 570 Series 4 GB - 32 gb RAM
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Can you show a screenshot of the Property Manager Dialog that shows the Expression defined for the Zone, and another screenshot that shows what happens in the Schedule?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27