Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

How do I make the plumbing fixture schedule list individual parts of a library object?

loann_vu
Participant
I'm working on an interactive schedule, using library objects such as sinks and toilets. All the plumbing fixtures are in a fixtures layer, which is my only criteria for the element type.
The problem is that if I pick a library object such as a handicap accessible stall, it will be listed as one item. What I need to list all the elements: the toilet, the flushometer, 2 grab bars, and the toilet paper holder. I have the same problem with a sink object: I can't list the sink, the faucet, or the countertop as separate items. I need to do this to list all of their individual manufacturers and information.
Is there a work around for this? Do I need to break each object apart into separate objects? Is there a different criteria I should use?
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
loann_vu wrote:
Is there a work around for this?

Not one that I can think of.

loann_vu wrote:
Do I need to break each object apart into separate objects?

Yes, every object that you want to schedule will need to be a separate object with the necessary parameters/properties that you want to schedule.

loann_vu wrote:
Is there a different criteria I should use?

No it has nothing to do with the criteria.
You just need the criteria that will select all of the objects you want to schedule - which is sounds like you already have.
The problem is you need individual objects.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Eduardo Rolon
For those specific items I would have separate objects and if I want to keep them together as a unit then I would create Hotlinks for them. Alternative you can add Properties for that particular object with one per item to be able to schedule them.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You could schedule the parameters of the object, so for example if you have a grab bar parameter ticked you can schedule that. Takes a bit of digging around in the object, but you might be able to create perhaps a 2nd schedule for this part for a more in depth list.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5