Collaborate forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make the plumbing fixture schedule list individual parts of a library object?

loann_vu
Newcomer
I'm working on an interactive schedule, using library objects such as sinks and toilets. All the plumbing fixtures are in a fixtures layer, which is my only criteria for the element type.
The problem is that if I pick a library object such as a handicap accessible stall, it will be listed as one item. What I need to list all the elements: the toilet, the flushometer, 2 grab bars, and the toilet paper holder. I have the same problem with a sink object: I can't list the sink, the faucet, or the countertop as separate items. I need to do this to list all of their individual manufacturers and information.
Is there a work around for this? Do I need to break each object apart into separate objects? Is there a different criteria I should use?
3 REPLIES 3

Barry Kelly
loann_vu wrote:
Is there a work around for this?

Not one that I can think of.

loann_vu wrote:
Do I need to break each object apart into separate objects?

Yes, every object that you want to schedule will need to be a separate object with the necessary parameters/properties that you want to schedule.

loann_vu wrote:
Is there a different criteria I should use?

No it has nothing to do with the criteria.
You just need the criteria that will select all of the objects you want to schedule - which is sounds like you already have.
The problem is you need individual objects.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 25
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Dell Precision 3510 - i7 6820HQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M, Windows 10

Eduardo Rolon
For those specific items I would have separate objects and if I want to keep them together as a unit then I would create Hotlinks for them. Alternative you can add Properties for that particular object with one per item to be able to schedule them.
eduardo rolón AIA NCARB
Another of the forum moderators.
Macbook Pro 2.4 i9 32GB ram
OS X 10.XX latest
AC25 US/INT -> AC08

You could schedule the parameters of the object, so for example if you have a grab bar parameter ticked you can schedule that. Takes a bit of digging around in the object, but you might be able to create perhaps a 2nd schedule for this part for a more in depth list.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-24 NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!